1. What did you do in 2009 that you??d never done before?
Give birth. See a good chunk of Alberta.
2. Did you keep your new year??s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For the most part, no. Not sure if I’ll make more for next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me. 🙂 Also a few friends and a few people in the community.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of our parishioners who I became close to.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada. Most specifically, Alberta.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A parish for Jon.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 7th: Daniel’s birth
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having the dude.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not dwelling on anything so I couldn’t say.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably jeans from Lands’ End or pajama bottoms
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The list is way too long and also too risky for me to post in an un-passworded entry.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Buying Similac Neosure for the dude.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Daniel kicking butt in the NICU.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Not sure — there are many.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? a little of both in different ways
(b) thinner or fatter? unfortunately the latter
(c) richer or poorer? richer, actually
18. What do you wish you??d done more of?
Eating better and walking to get some of the pregnancy weight off.
19. What do you wish you??d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Seattle with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Very deeply in love with Daniel.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Smoking Gun: World’s Dumbest
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn??t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
the Twilight books
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No musical discoveries but I did find some great podcasts
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby.
27. What did you want and not get?
A parish for Jon.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
None. I don’t do movies.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
29 and I went out to dinner after work before heading down to the NICU.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
32. What kept you sane?
Daniel’s smile and laughter. TIVO’ed episodes of “Smoking Gun”
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
A lot of people who I wish lived closer.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
The NICU staff at Benefis.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Pre-natal care is important and life-saving.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Let it be”