My deadline was May 12, 2012 and obviously this post is 2 months late. Go me.
Here’s the list:
001. Keep a prayer journal for 3 months.
002. Read through the entire Bible in a year.
003. Participate in Taize prayer at least yearly.
004. Lead worship at least once.
005. Taebo six days a week for six weeks.
006. No soda for a month.
007. Yearly exams every year until deadline. (2009, 2010, 2011)
008. Get crown done on root-canal tooth in lower jaw.
009. Eat properly vegetarian for one Lent.
010. Keep Lenten discipline faithfully once during this time.
011. Do couch-to-5K.
012. Run in 5K race.
013. Participate in a triathlon.
014. Prepare all meals from scratch for a week.
015. Camp at least 5 times. (0/5)
016. Cook a 3-course meal over a campfire.
017. Lead a camp-style singalong.
018. Perform a serious classical work for voice.
019. Accompany a worship service on piano.
020. Play some Lorie Line as a prelude.
021. Write a Sunday school curriculum.
022. Write a VBS curriculum.
023. Write a Confirmation curriculum.
024. Grow an herb garden.
025. Plant a garden and harvest it one year.
026. Grow my own pumpkins for Halloween.
027. Make Daniel a Halloween costume.
028. Teach Daniel sign language.
029. Pottytrain Daniel.
030. Teach Daniel to read.
031. Have another child (if it is feasible health-wise).
032. Get my living will in order.
033. Participate in NaNoWriMo.
034. Raise at least $500 for Blogathon blogging on my own.
035. Do an independent blogathon for a worthy cause.
036. Give a speech or presentation of some nature.
037. Create a Powerpoint presentation for something.
038. Send out Christmas cards every year. (2009, 2010, 2011)
039. Learn how to tell what kind of wine goes with what kind of meal.
040. Bake a cake from scratch.
041. Visit Calgary.
042. Visit Seattle.
043. Visit the Woodland Park Zoo.
044. Visit Santa Cruz.
045. Visit the redwoods.
046. Visit Toronto.
047. Create a podcast and do 20 weekly episodes.
048. Stay caught up on dental care for two years.
049. Improve my BMI.
050. Meet three online friends. (1/3)
051. Attend an Orthodox Pascha.
052. Re-read all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books.
053. Re-read all the Baby-sitter’s Club books.
054. Read the works of Beatrix Potter to Daniel.
055. Write an “I Believe” statement.
056. Write an article and have it published in a reputable non-web publication.
057. Write a “letter to the editor” and have it published.
058. Sort and cull book collection.
059. Twitter daily for three months.
060. Learn how to make decent iced vanilla lattés at home.
061. Learn to sew by machine.
062. Learn to knit.
063. Crochet at least three garments and wear them regularly. (0/3)
064. Crochet 4 items for Daniel. (0/4)
065. Acquire 3 UCSC garments. (0/3)
066. Read at least one semi-serious book per month for a year. (0/12)
067. Create a WordPress design for ::Meditatio:: from scratch.
068. Learn how to change my own oil.
069. Change a tire by myself at least once.
070. Eat venison.
071. Eat rattlesnake.
072. Eat elk.
073. Eat moose.
074. Create a crocheting pattern.
075. Make at least 5 wedding/baby shower presents from scratch. (0/5)
076. Write 10 Amazon.Com book reviews. (6/10)
077. Read at least 5 books recommended by Oprah. (1/5)
078. Host a game night.
079. Have a dinner party 5 times. (0/5)
080. Wear earrings on every work day for a week. (0/5)
081. Get a second piercing in my ears.
082. Make 3 pairs of my own earrings. (0/3)
083. Acquire 3 pieces of furniture from IKEA and put them together solo. (0/3)
084. Do ELW/LBW/BCP Morning Prayer six days a week for a month.
085. Give money to public radio during a pledge drive.
086. Give money to public television during a pledge drive.
087. Call in on Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me.
088. Eight glasses of water a day for a week.
089. See Great Big Sea in concert.
090. Attend a symphony concert.
091. Sing Handel’s Messiah.
092. Learn Arabic.
093. Learn Spanish.
094. Teach a Bible study utilizing a Koine Greek text.
095. Do a walk/run for charity.
096. Heal my knee.
097. Live without any regrets during this time.
098. Compile a recipe book.
099. Attend a professional sporting event.
100. Blog daily for a month.
101. Participate in a snowball fight.
Am I mad that I didn’t get more accomplished? Nope. It’s about setting goals to better myself and the fact that I got almost 1/5 of them accomplished is pretty good, given that I wrote this at a time when I was at a crossroads and had no idea where we’d be living in a matter of months or of what challenges we would face with Daniel.