I’m still feeling like I’m dying so I unfortunately had to skip my grandma’s 96th birthday party today. (I’d feel really bad giving her this mutant death cold as a birthday present.) The kidlet and I went and got French fries after everyone left for the party and we’re currently hanging out on the bed having screen time.
Given the amount of time I’ve spent in the pediatric ER and hospital with my kiddo when he has had mutant death colds, RSV, and respiratory issues, I thought I’d share what I used to keep in my laptop bag in the event that we were hospitalized.
- clean underwear (because I can live in one set of clothes for days at a time but I need clean underwear to be sane)
- a clean set of jammies (because inevitably, whether or not to admit him would be decided at 3 a.m.)
- a 24-hour supply of my daily medication (because I have to function in order to take care of the kid and this gave me some time to compile a list of stuff for Jon to bring)
- granola bars (because 6 hours in the ER makes you hungry)
- travel-sized toiletries (in the event that the kiddo got admitted so I could take a shower on the unit)
- a bunch of bottles of alcohol gel (because I’m germphobic to the max)
- my e-reader (for when I would get to go have a meal by myself)
- my laptop (duh!)
- an extra power cord for my laptop
- an extra cellphone charger
Any of my other special mama friends want to add to this?