For Today… August 14, 2018
Looking out my window… dark. It’s late and I’m fighting insomnia.
I am thinking… about Daniel’s g-tube, the situation going on with my church, and the fact that I’m hungry.
I am thankful… for so many things:
- Daniel’s g-tube surgery going well
- The amount of support I got at Seattle Children’sas a parent
- That my kiddo wasn’t the sickest one in the unit
- Being home in my own bed with clean sheets and clean jammies
- Daniel’s tube feedings going well today/yesterday
- My silly black monster who is berserking around my room and bouncing off the walls
One of my favorite things… the softness of Minion’s fur.
I am wearing… jammies.
I am creating… a blog to talk about g-tube adventures
I am listening to… parts of Fauré’s Requiem that I sang 15 years ago with St. Paul’s choir.
I am hoping… all of the kiddo’s feeds go well tomorrow.
I am learning… how to ensure the kiddo gets his full feed every time.
In my kitchen… I did a baked potato tonight that was lovely.
In the school room… Daniel goes back to school the Wednesday after Labor Day.
Post Script… something on depression, worship, and liturgy from a former colleague of Jon’s.
Shared Quote… “I’m no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God.” — No Longer Slaves from Bethel Music.
A moment from my day… this offering from the late Rich Mullins.
Hosted by The Simple Woman.